During The Baltic PR Weekend 2011 forum in St.-Petersburg on September 22nd The Russian Communications Consultancies Association (АКОS) held a round table discussion entitled «Legal and Ethical Standards in Communications. International and Russian Practice». Elena Fadeeva, chairwoman of АКОS, General Director of Fleishman-Hillard Vanguard acted as the event’s moderator.
During the round table experts discussed modern standards of ethics and transparency in communications, issues of compliance with anticorruption certificates (for example, the USA’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act – FCPA), rules on information disclosure (regarding an example of Sarbejnza-Oksli law) and specifics regarding legally controlled and independent branches (communications in pharmaceutical industry, children’s marketing etc). Case files were viewed and issues discussed with regards to implementing communication programs under these rules and regulations
Here are the people who made reports at the round table:
- Richard Linning, President of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA): «Modern standards of ethics and a transparency in communications»;
- Elena Fadeeva, General Director of Fleishman-Hillard Vanguard, chairwoman of АКОS: «American Corporations’ PR and GR Campaigns in Russia within the Limits of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)»;
- Tatyana Galkova, Communications Director of Sanofi: «Ethics of Communications in the Pharmaceutical Industry »;
- Elizabeth Fetisova, Head of Direct Communications of Vimm-Bill-Dann: «Transparency as a Tool to Increase Trust in a Communications Brand 360 °»;
- Vladimir Tutkevich, General Director of CFA Association (Russia): «Sarbanes-Oxley: Conflicts of Interest and Problems of Control by Shareholders in Public Companies»;
- Vim van Melik, Training and Development Director of Ogilvy Group Netherlands: «Ethical Communications and the Corporate Code of Professional Behavior: Case Ogilvy»;
- Igor Rajhlin, Business-partner of «Rajhlin and Partners», reputation management company: «Modern Ethical Lobbying Standards based on a German example»;
- Oleg Soloduhin, Vice-president of КRОS: «Ethical State Tenders: From 94-FL to the Federal Contract System».
Elena Fadeeva, General Director of Fleishman-Hillard Vanguard, chairwoman of АКОS commented:
«The development of a highly professional, transparent and effective PR service industry in Russia and the establishment of high ethical standards are two of AKOS’s main objectives. Experts at our round table will discuss the legal and ethical standards of both Russian and international PR industries and will share their own experience of compliance with the best world practices».
The Russian Communications Consultancies Association (АКОS) was founded in 1999 as a fundamentally new type of union for the Russian public relations market and has united the most respected and reliable independent players in Russian PR. At the moment AKOS consolidates 31 first-rate Russian PR-consultancies, whose common market share exceeds 50 %. Collectively AKOS members employ more than 1500 PR specialists. www.akospr.ru