On December, 16th, during the «PR Days in Moscow» festival the Russian Communications Consultancies Association (АКОS) took part in a round table entitled «PR Tools in a multimedia reality». Mikhail Umarov, Head of a working group on the digital affairs of АКОS and Managing director of Comunica, an integrated communications agency, acted as moderator of the event.
Participants discussed themes focused on carrying out PR campaigns and the application of certain PR tools when dealing with multimedia features of the press. This included new media trends and platforms for media activities, the measurement and increase in efficiency of corporate promotion in social media, the basic components of a brand in the conditions of a new media reality and features of new corporate formats.
The following spoke at the round table:
- Dzhemir Degtjarenko-General director of “Media house” publishing, Editor-in-chief of «Mass-media news» magazine, Chief executive of AKMR
- Maria Zajkina- Head of corporate communications at «ROLF»
- Alexander Kuznetsov- General director of “Kros Digitall”
- Tatyana Nazina- Manager, marketing and research at KFC
- Inna Novikova, General director of PRAVDA.RU
- Denis Semenov, Manager, internet communications at KFC
- Dmitry Sokur, Senior partner and General director of «Sokur and Partners»
- Alexander Chumikov, Member of VES РАСО, General director of ‘The International press club’, Chumikov PR and consulting»
Mikhail Umarov, Managing director of Comunica commented: «For me, the round table brought up interesting and bright examples of the use of social networks, which is continuing to increase. There are cases, for example, «100 000 friends» of KFC, which have been brought about using the best international standards. It is important that the communication industry moves from words and theories to practical experience, and use of social networks during projects has increased the normal professional level».
Elena Fadeeva, chairwoman of АКОS, General Director of Fleishman-Hillard Vanguard said: «Developing a multimedia reality and new channels of communications requires the application of new tools which allow us to cooperate online. In the field of communications it is very important for experts to consider what is changing and to keep up to date, expanding and adapting their toolkits according to the requirements of a new epoch. АКОS’s round table at the «PR Days in Moscow 2011» was an excellent platform for discussion and an exchange of the best practices in this area».